Asthma Natural Treatment And Remedies That You Ought to Know Asthma is the most commonly heard respiratory disorder that can affect any person irrespective of age and gender. Millions of people throughout the world are chronic sufferers of this disease. The disease can be kept in check through proper treatments and in mild cases it subsides with time. In this disease the air passages or tubes that facilitate the oxygen flow in and out of lungs gets inflamed causing severe breathing difficulties leading to spasm in the chest. Congestion in the chest also occurs due to the sticky mucous making things much more difficult.
In serious conditions supportive breathing arrangements need to be provided by means of oxygen cylinders. Symptoms Persons suffering from asthma face extreme difficulty in breathing followed by spasms in the chest. Occasionally mild fever persists with coughing, wheezing conditions worsening early in the morning or at night making conditions tough for sleeping. Causes The exact cause of this chronic respiratory disease is not clearly defined but definitely the body immunity level does play a vital role in its occurrence.
Other causes are –
- Exposure to allergens like pollens, dust mites and other air borne agents.
- Prolonged suffering from cold and respiratory tract infections.
- Seasonal changes
- Residing in polluted environments.
- Sometimes pregnancy can induce asthma but it subsides after the child birth.
Natural Remedies for Asthma Natural remedies in treating asthma are equally effective than using inhalers and nebulizers and the disease should not be left untreated.
- Regular intake of 3-4 dry figs soaked in water helps in clearing the phlegm from the obstructed passages.
- Taking few grams of dried Indian gooseberry with honey early morning helps in treating asthma.
- Taking lemon juice mixed in a glass of water along with the meals helps in curing asthma.
- A mixture of ginger juice in a cup of fenugreek decoction with few drops of honey acts as a good expectorant that dilutes the mucous.
- A paste of bitter gourd roots mixed either with equal amount of honey or basil leaf juice, if taken daily at night is a good treatment for asthma.
- Boiling 10 garlic cloves in about 30 ml of milk and taking it once a day is very effective in curing asthma at the initial stages.
- Adding minced garlic in steaming ginger tea, if taken daily in mornings and evenings prevents the aggravation of the disease.
- Massaging mustard oil mixed with camphor at the back of the chest provides relief during the spasmodic attacks of asthma.
- Licorice root tea is also a good treatment in curing asthma.
- Regular physical exercises including deep breathing exercises are highly beneficial in preventing the asthmatic attacks.